Saturday 28 September - Sunday 13 October 2019
The concert is made up of pieces both relating to Polish independence and also inspired by accompanying historical events. This creates a exceptional opportunity to celebrate the ongoing centenary of Poland regaining independence.
- Gaude Mater Polonia (Rejoice, oh Mother Poland) – a hymn from the Middle Ages with lyrics by Wincenty of Kielcza.
- Our beautiful Poland – an 1830 patriotic song with lyrics by Wincenty Pol.
- Confederate Song – lyrics by Juliusz Słowacki, music by Jacek Kaczmarski.
- As long as in our hearts is a drop of Polish blood – lyrics by Konstanty Krumłowski and Fr. Stanisław Gajda, music by Fr. Stanisław Piątkiewicz.
- Homage in the whisper of a prayer – lyrics by Aleksy Wróbel, music by Remigiusz Juskiewicz.
- Hidden in our genes – lyrics by Aleksy Wróbel, music by Remigiusz Juskiewicz.
- Nostalgia – lyrics by Dorota Górczyńska-Bacik, music by Remigiusz Juskiewicz.
- Where the Vistula flows from Kraków – lyrics by Hieronim Derdowski, music by Feliks Nowowiejski.
- Tatra Album (excerpt) – Ignacy Jan Paderewski, pianist, composer and one of the fathers of Polish independence, who used mountain melodies in his compositions.
- Paternal house – the lyrics and music of the song were written by Jan Kubisz, a poet and patriot from the Zaolzie region.
- To this land from the cantata Independence – lyrics by Cyprian Kamil Norwid, music by Janusz Kohut.
- Impressions of Kraków – a piece written by Janusz Kohut, inspired by Polish folk melodies.
- Impressions of Kashubia – a piece written by Janusz Kohut, inspired by Kashubian folk melodies.
- Let us bow our heads and kiss this land from the cantata Independence – lyrics by Mirosław Bochenek, music by Janusz Kohut.
- Dąbrowski Mazurka – a 1797 Polish Legions Song with lyrics written by the poet Józef Wybicki – the Polish national anthem.