Public Relations Specialist at the Polish Cultural Institute in London
(full time position, beginning from 01.05.2019)
Location: Central London
Job type: PR and Marketing Specialist
Application deadline: Please send your CV and cover letter (in English) by Wednesday, 3 April 2019 to firstname.lastname@example.org
All successful candidates will receive an email by Monday, 8 April 2019 inviting them to attend interviews taking place during allocated time slots on Wednesday 10 and Thursday 11 April 2019 at the Polish Cultural Institute London.
Responsibilities and accountabilities
You will take on a full time position as Polish Cultural Institute’s specialist in PR and Marketing, during which you will work directly with the PCI’s team covering areas of media relations, cultural diplomacy, public relations and event management. You will report directly to the PCI’s Director and intermittently communicate with the Deputy Head and other heads of departments.
In addition, you will play an integral role in driving the PCI’s proactive social media approach and cultural program, using your skills to develop key relationships with UK media and partner institutions, often in cooperation with other PCI’s departments and external partners.
This role is ideal for a candidate enjoying working as part of a team and has a flexible attitude to a changeable workload. It requires strong administrative and communication skills, excellent attention to detail, up to date knowledge of European and international culture and ability to handle crisis situations under pressure.
What will you do?
* Development and implementation the PCI’s social media strategy via the PCI’s website, monthly newsletter, Facebook, Instagram profiles and Twitter account
* Developing and maintaining press relations with both UK and Polish media, managing press and media agendas during high profile cultural events
* Development and execution of PR strategies for a wide range of cultural events (concerts, theater performances, yearly Polish Film Festival KINOTEKA, literary events, debates, seminars), often in collaboration with external cultural organizations.
* Assistance with cultural events at a wide variety of levels
* Speech writing/translation/interpretation
* Analysis and assessment of coverage on Poland and Polish cultural matters in the UK press, subsequently putting together cyclical reports on Poland’s image abroad, based on collated information
* Preparation and distribution of information on Polish culture to various outlets and target audiences
(Please note that this list of responsibilities is not exhaustive)
Qualifications, skills, knowledge and expertise
* Tertiary education (completed BA or MA degree)
* Strong written and oral skills: English (C1 level). You should have a developed writing style that allows you to implement a wide variety of styles with ease
* Knowledge and understanding of media relations, communications and especially social media
* Knowledge and understanding of European and Polish culture and arts
* An appreciation of, and interest in, current cultural developments and trends
* An ability to come to grips with complex issues, with a capacity to present clear and succinct analyses, both orally and in writing, both in English and Polish
* Proactive approach to planning and execution
* Collaborative nature
* Excellent communicator with the ability to manage conflicting priorities
* Pro-active character, capable of driving projects forward - with a hunger for inspiring new ideas
* Highly organized, energetic, adaptable to change
* High level of professionalism and ability to work independently
* Previous experience of managing small teams is preferable