Masurian Lakes, Bieszczady Mountains, Gdańsk, Wilanów Palace or perhaps polonaise, Toruń gingerbread or white stork? Take a picture, shoot a short film and share your post on Twitter, Facebook or Instagram on Polish Independence Day using the hashtag #likePolska. Show us what you like most about Poland.
The objective of the #likePolska campaign is to showcase Poland’s numerous treasures: its rich history, places worth visiting, culture, traditions, customs and notable accomplishments by Poles. The possibilities are endless; anyone can share their favourite story about Poland. You can take part in the initiative from anywhere in the world, all that it takes is a positive association related to Poland that can be presented on social media platforms.
Rules of the #likePolska initiative:
Post a short video or a photo of what you like most in Poland: a favourite place, a dish, a custom, a person or just a thing. Kraków’s Main Square or a tiny village, pierogi or a regional food, amber jewellery or folk patterns, a famous work of art or a holiday souvenir – every story about Poland is fascinating, we are waiting for yours. Share your post on Twitter, Instagram or Facebook (make sure that the settings of your post are “public”) using the #likePolska hashtag and join others in celebrating Poland's Independence Day.
1. Posts must be accompanied by a #likePolska hashtag.
2. Posts must not contain vulgar phrases or content that can be considered offensive by someone.
3. Posts should not contain political content – the campaign is neutral.
4. Sample post: “I like Poland for its golden Polish autumn #likePolska” + photo of a forest dressed in autumn colours / short recording containing a comment on this subject.
5. The most creative posts, those which capture the attention of the campaign’s organisers, will be shared on Facebook (@Polska –over 68,000 likes) and Twitter (@Poland – 20,000 followers and @Polska – almost 27,000 followers).
6. By posting your contribution with a #likePolska hashtag, you agree that your post may be shared by @Poland and @Polska accounts on Twitter and Facebook.
The most interesting posts will be published on the Poland.pl page on Facebook as well as @Polska and @Poland handles on Twitter.
You can also join the campaign on Facebook, by changing your profile photo to the #likePolska logo, and also by using the camera logo overlay on your mobile device.
More details about the campaign can be found on the Poland.pl website and Facebook page facebook.com/polska/ as well as by following posts with the #likePolska and #PL100 hashtag.